Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I despise film!

film

I know photographers everywhere gasp at such blasphemy.  But, today, film is my enemy.

I just started a photography class that is completely film-based, so I had to chunk my digital camera and quickly familiarize myself with George's nice-yet-ancient Nikon N70.  That is fine.  It's annoying yet fine that I keep glancing at the back of the N70 to check the photo that isn't there. It's challenging yet fine that I'm learning to process film and that part of this process is in scary, pitch-black darkness.

What ISN'T fine is that after two hours of film exposure plus an hour or two learning to make contact sheets, my first two rolls absolutely suck.  

Tomorrow, my opinion will probably change.  But today digital photography is a magical dream come true.


0 comments:

cmyk search