Sunday, May 10, 2009

Summer Book List

I recently changed my status update on Facebook to a book recommendation for the summer, and it occurred to me to expand that update to a list on my blog.  So, here we are.  Most of these are books that I have read before and am recommending:

Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin. I recommend the audiobook version.  Steve Martin narrates it himself, and I cannot stress how much that adds to the experience of the book.  

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler.  Since I have not yet read this, it is on my list for this summer (meaning next week when I'm on the beach in Key West).  Based on the following book, however, I am confident it will be a rockin' good time.

My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler.  I was kind of a fan of her show before reading this book.  As of today (I just finished it a couple of hours ago) I am an official rabid fan.

I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley.  Hilarious!

Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.  Speaking of rabid fans, I am totally obsessed by this series.  I also heartily recommend downloading the soundtrack...it's fabulous.

On Photography by Susan Sontag.  I recently wrote a blog entry about this book.  It's not light reading, but for anyone interested in photography, it's pretty much mandatory.

The Host by Stephenie Meyer.  I'm confessing on the front end that the only reason I read this book recently is my utter devotion to the Twilight series.  It started a tad slow, but ended up being a really good read overall.  




0 comments:

cmyk search