Friday, August 21, 2009

If a tree falls in the woods...

I took an independent study photography class this summer, and it was a really great experience. My project's theme deals with the various roles women play, particularly domestic roles. I present a series of images as a visual narrative, and play two "stories" off of each other. There are 20 of them in total, but I'm only showing 4 here. Each image is the size of a 35mm image on a contact sheet (1"x1.5"). All together, each piece is 24"x36".

Obviously, it is hard to get a feel for them on screen. But, you know that age-old question, "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" Well, if I spend two months working on a project and I don't post it on my blog, did it really happen?

7660

7660

7660

7660

0 comments:

cmyk search