Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I love Facebook

This is a Facebook update of someone with which I went to college who now works as a librarian. Bless you, Sarah:

Grad Student: Anything is fine, as long as it is in Europe.

Me: Here are a few from Spain.

GS: No, it has to be from Europe.

Me: It's okay, Spain is in Europe.

GS: No it's not. It's in North America.

Me: Actually, it is in Europe. Right next to France.

GS: France is in North America.

Me: OK, uncle. All countries are on those shelves. Good luck on your research...


And she later commented: "It was one of these women who walk up to the reference desk and preface the question with, "I'm working on my Master's degree and I need some information on..." Anyone who must start a simple inquiry with their qualifications has obviously not earned them."

0 comments:

cmyk search