Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day at the zoo

Today I went to the Memphis Zoo with Mom, Emma, and Matt.  It was so much fun!  After trying to take some decent pictures of these zany kiddies, though, I just want to say out loud: I am so impressed that Melissa takes such great pictures of them.  

Gorgeous?  Yes, they are.  Photogenic?  Of course.

Still? Never. Ever.

The fact that they are so active is fantastic until you try to document it with a camera.  I imagine I'd feel similarly if I attempted to photograph a tornado.  Or Taz on Bugs Bunny if he were real.  Matt is a little easier to catch (you'll see that I have more pictures of him) but Emma zipped away whenever she saw me trying to focus in her direction!  

Plus, I'm still messing around with a new lens that isn't exactly designed for speed-of-light action. It is also not ideal for zoo shots, but what the heck.

DSC_0391
DSC_0421
DSC_0410
DSC_0406
DSC_0394
DSC_0392
DSC_0390
DSC_0389
DSC_0379
DSC_0364
DSC_0418
DSC_0423
DSC_0384

0 comments:

cmyk search